Monday’s Breaking Bread
Welcome to Monday’s Breaking Bread. We will be continuing with just one post per week until the end of this month. However, we are offering an additional devotional reading to our email subscribers, which we will be sending out weekly from the 10th of January, every Wednesday. We would love for you to join us for this. We are excited to see what our LORD will do as we pour out our hearts before Him and gather to pray His Promises into our lives and the lives of our Beloved Prodigals.
Just in case you missed the news – Beloved Prodigal has gone live on social media. We can be found on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google Plus. We can also be reached via email at BelovedProdigal@gmail.com. We would so appreciate you spreading the news, so that others who are praying for their loved ones to return to the Lord may be encouraged in our midst here and also encourage us as they see God move.
Today, Anna is breaking bread with us all. As we gather here today, we invite the Holy Spirit to open our hearts to receive His Word to us.
Good News of Great Joy
Luke 2: 10 (ESV)
And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.
Happy New Year, Beloved Prodigal friends! Oh what JOY it brings me to welcome in a new year with you all, knowing and expecting the greatness of our GOD in our midst. He is HOLY and a God whose judgement of love WILL continue to fall upon us all to bring us – His people – peace. The schemes of the enemy to steal, kill and destroy from us and our Beloved Prodigals are no match for the King of Kings and LORD of LORDS. Hallelujah!
As I prepared to write you all, I had been so discouraged and weighed down, but as I soaked in the Scriptures I have felt God lead me to these past few weeks, His JOY took hold of my soul. And it is this JOY I so long to share with you all too.
May I begin by praying for you? For us?
Father God, Oh you know just how heavy our hearts are weighed down at times, just how hopeless we can feel, just how discouraged and pained. Father God, right now I ask that You lift this from us all. Lift what the enemy has laid upon us. For YOU are a God who sent an angel to our earth to speak in full assurance: “fear not, for behold I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people”. And YOU, our GOOD NEWS have not departed from us. For You, our JOY live in our very midst!
Thank YOU, oh Father for this glorious truth. You live. You breathe. You rejoice with singing over not only our souls, but also the souls of our Beloved Prodigals.
You are present with us in our mess, our struggles, our unbelief. You are here, right now.
Father, please make Your joy complete in us and our loved ones just as you have promised. Make us One in You. Fulfill Your Word in us. Speak Your Word of Life into us all, bowing our prideful knees before Your throne in praise and awe of Your greatness.
Break every scheme of the enemy to steal our hope. Lead our hearts to return to You and rest in You. Restore to us the joy of our salvation. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
More than two thousand years ago hope seemed to have all but disappeared, just as it seems for us too at times, but into that hopelessness was born a baby in a manger. A baby birthing our salvation and victory in Christ Jesus.
So on those days the weight of our waiting presses in on us. On those days we wonder if our loved ones will ever (again) hold our hands in faith. On those days the enemy tries so hard to steal, kill and destroy what is not his to take. Let’s “fear not”, but rejoice in the TRUTH of the Good News. Let’s look for the birthing of Christ’s goodness in our midst, even here, even now. Let’s look for the Presence of our Almighty God, for in HIM there is always fullness of joy, no matter the circumstance.
Why? Because He is:
– faithful, even when we or our loved ones are not for He cannot ever disown Himself in us
– our Emmanuel, the God WITH us wherever we go
– the God who prepares the path before us and guides us along each and every step through His Holy Spirit and His Word
– the God who anoints our head with oil in the midst of our enemies
– our hope and our inheritance of eternal life, where all tears will be wiped away for good
– our Father, who cares about every tiny facet of our life, even more than He cares for each and every little sparrow
– our friend, who invites us into the Holy of Holies to pour out our broken hearts before Him and receive His hope, His joy and His life
– our righteousness, who rights our every wrong as we bring Him our sins and He washes us clean in His grace
– our faith, who fills us with the joy of belief in our unbelief when we ask Him
– our wisdom, who gives us the Words of life and love and hope when we have none, the love to gift when all we have is brokenness and bitterness, the path of righteousness through every trial
– our life, who breathes His hope into our hopelessness, the strength of His everlasting joy into our wearied, aching souls.
Psalm 16: 11 (ESV)
You make known to me the path of life;
in your presence there is fullness of joy;
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
Come let us enter His Presence with JOY and thanksgiving today and into this blessed New Year of 2018: